About the Purple Spectrum
For months now, I’ve always
conceived the idea of starting a blog. Mostly because for so long, I’ve had
thoughts I had always wanted to share and ideas I had always wanted to express.
Procrastination, fear and anxiety are just a few of the reasons why I am just
starting now. If I had given in to them, I guess I would have simply remained
in my comfort zone and no one ever progresses by staying in their comfort zone.
I know “the purple spectrum”
probably sounds like a very weird name. In a way, it is a phrase that
summarizes me and the way I intend on handling this blog. For a long time now,
I have fallen in love with the color purple. I love purple because it resonates
with me in a much deeper way. Purple is a calm color, one which signifies
ambition, royalty, luxury and nobility. Although it appears somewhat dull, it
is one which manages to shine forth amongst other colors. It signifies the
transition in my life. From being the carefree and nonchalant child to being
the reserved young lady who executes her actions with order and accuracy. It
signifies the woman I am yet to be, a woman who yields power but uses her power
to ensure equality and justice.
For anyone who has ever encountered me, I can
easily be described as a quiet person. I am not the person who speaks freely,
but one who calculates her thoughts before speaking. Before I speak, I observe
a person’s mood and behavior and when I talk, I try to ensure that what I say
carries meaning and resonates with everyone around me. I love to carefully
select my words before speaking. That is why I love purple, because I feel
connected to it. A color that is soothing yet forceful.
Now for the spectrum part. When
I set out to start this blog, I wasn’t quite sure what I wanted it to be about.
I had a lot of different ideas such as mental health, societal issues, food recipes
and even my personal thoughts. It then hit me: Why limit myself to one stream
when I can make my blog about anything I want. Human beings are multi-dimensional,
an embodiment of different things. I am a multi-dimensional individual and I
intend to use my blog to show the different facets of myself. The different
facets of Chinwendu Claire Nweje. As a prism disperses white light into its
various components, I intend to ‘disperse’ myself into my various components.
A spectrum, according to Collins dictionary,
refers to a range of a particular type of thing. The purple spectrum is simply
a collection of a wide range of my thoughts. It is a net to catch the thoughts
that float around in my head. A place to gather my thoughts and put them out
for the world to see. Hence the phrase underneath the logo “Where thoughts run
free”. As I start this blog, I cannot promise consistency, but I do promise to
put in my best efforts. I know that with the help of some wonderful friends and
editors, it would be a smooth and amazing project.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the
journey.
Lots of love,
The Purple Prism,
aka Wendy.

Comments
Post a Comment